Welcome to CVP Uploader’s documentation!¶
Arista Cloudvision Portal Python scripts¶
This repository provides a set of python scripts to interact with Arista Cloudvision server. All of them are based on cvprac library to interact using APIs calls between your client and CVP interface.
Container manager for CoudVision¶
- Check if container exists on CVP.
- Create a container on CVP topology
- Delete a container from CVP topology.
- Move a devices to an existing container.
CloudVision Configlet manager¶
- Update existing remote configlet.
- Execute configlet update.
- Wait for task result.
- Delete configlet from server.
- Creating a new Configlet.
- attach and detach devices to/from existing configlet.
- Creating change-control.
- Scheduling change-control.
- Collect tasks to attach to change-control.
CloudVision tasks Management¶
- Execute All pending tasks
Due to a change in CVP API, change-control needs to get snapshot referenced per
task. Current version of
cvprack does not support it in version 1.0. (Issue #75)
Fix is available in develop version. To install development version, use pip:
$ pip install git+https://github.com/aristanetworks/cvprac.git@develop
> Only required if you want to play with change-control
$ pip install git+https://github.com/titom73/arista-cvp-scripts.git
# Update your credential information
$ cat <<EOT > env.variables.sh
# run script
$ cvp-configlet-manager -j actions.json
Ask question or report issue¶
Please open an issue on Github this is the fastest way to get an answer.
Contributing pull requests are gladly welcomed for this repository. If you are planning a big change, please start a discussion first to make sure we’ll be able to merge it.
How-To and use-cases:¶
- How to use configilet manager
- How to use container manager